Sunday, July 18, 2010

Next major project

Our next major project is turning one of our empty bedrooms upstairs into a "nursery" for all babies who come to visit us.  I just thought I would post what we are dealing with in this project. 

This Humpty-Dumpty wallpaper was the first layer of stuff to remove. 
The second layer to remove is this lovely stripe.
The third layer is this beauty . . . . brown flowers!
and . . . . the ever popular . . . . crayon drawing directly on the wall board!

CAN I SAY . . . . I HATE, HATE, HATE WALLPAPER!!!!!
Not to mention, the cottage cheese ceiling.  (Gordon has that 1/2 scraped off.)
Whew, what a project!
Well that is what we are up against.  I will post the AFTER pictures when and if they happen!!!

4 comments:

Tyson and Chelsea said...

ya gotta love that wallpaper. Next time we're down we'll have to try and get some down for you

Murlene Brown Watkins said...

I am always amazed that someone actually liked those wallpapers enough to put them on their walls, but didn't bother to take the old ones off!!! Lots of work! It will be very nice when it is done though!

Natchel said...

Wow! You guys are awesome! Is that the first bedroom in the hallway? I don't know what you guys are talking about... I love the humpty dumpty wallpaper! ;)

wendy said...

Good luck with all that.