Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pretty flowers/trees soothe the soul!


Gordon and I went to Cook's Nursery early today (Saturday) and bought a bunch of flowers and a tree to plant in the yard.  Then in the evening we went to Lowe's and bought some more flowers and this pot to make a planter by the entrance to our house.  I thought it turned out so beautiful.  We put these gorgeous orange lilys, columbine, and some little red flowers in the pot, then we sunk the planter pot about 5" into the ground.  It is a lovely welcome to our front door (I think, anyway!)

There is a columbine flower in the middle of the lilys.  I love columbine!


We also planted 2 snowball bushes along the fence in the front yard. 

It will be a "few" years until they are as big and beautiful as Reesee's/Golding's, but we are on our way!

I'm so excited about this new tree we planted back by the deck/dinning room window.  It is called "Goldenchain" tree.  It is so pretty.  This picture doesn't do it justice.

These are the blossoms on the Goldenchain tree. 

These are the rest of the flowers we bought.  We will have to plant them on Monday.  I used to think that Reesee, Rudolph, Mom, and Daddy were so weird when they got so excited about pretty flowers, bushes, and trees and now I am totally there!  I love, love, love all our new pretty flowers, bushes, and trees!!!!

4 comments:

Curtis said...

I didn't enjoy flowers until I got a digital camera with the ability to take macro picture of objects that are really close. Now I find myself in the same boat as those old-foggies who used to ooh and aah over the flowers so much. And my kids laugh.

Tyson and Chelsea said...

oooh, I love them. Especially the lilies and the goldenchain.

coryshay said...

I love them! They look even better in person! Your yard is going to be rockin' this summer!

wendy said...

I love that tree. One of my biggest memories of grandpa was in the summer, he was always gardening. I loved his flowers.