Sunday, May 23, 2010

What a great weekend!


First of all I finished this cute little quilt for Pauly-Wog's (Amanda's boy) birthday.  He loves, loves, loves Thomas & Friends.  Sylvia helped me by serging the edge as a binding.  Chelsea took it to the mail place, so I'm confident Pauly will get it in time for his birthday.  I hope he likes it.  I just quilted it on my sewing machine (a first for me.)

Second of all . . . . this little baby doll came with Chelsea to visit for the weekend.  Chelsea went to a children's clothes swap with Shayla.  She got this cute hat for Afton-the safari-girl!  Tyson came down from Logan on Friday night, but Chelsea and Afton came down on Thursday evening after Afton's appointment at Primary Childrens Hospital. 

Third of all . . . . . we had our big (52 people-including some non-Brown family members) Brown Family bounce house and slide party.  I won the use of this bounce house on Facebook from this company called "Jump for Joy".  I was just sick about the weather being so crappy all day, but the kids had a blast anyway.  We had to move all the food under the patio because it was raining, but eventually the sun came out a little bit.  Some people sat under the porch and some sat in the garage, but the kids played on.

 
Tyson and Afton

Cute Logan Long (with his cute new haircut) came with Mitchell.

Lexie, Lynn, and Sylvia played GIANT ball, volleyball.

Mr. Cheesy face, Dallin Long.  He loved to just sit in the bounce house.
Ivy Star Neilsen in mid-jump and Zoey Green having a blast.
My baby doll Jocelyn and Cory. Jojo didn't feel very good, but she gave it a good shot.
Alice Brown and Shayla.  Alice brought her bff's little boy Owen.  He quite enjoyed the toy.
Afton with chololate on her lips from the scotheroos Jamie brought. 
Jojo

Baby Kenya, Katie, and Addison Brown were in town so Katie could compete in a triathalon.  We were glad to have them at the party while they were in town.
What cute girls.  Lexie, Jojo, Chelsea, and Afton swinging in the swing before I swung in it and busted it!! SORRY!
Some of the adults trying not to freeze!
Lexie and Chelsea trying to keep warm.
Jojo swinging when the sun was actually shinning. 

Thanks to everyone who came and made it fun. 

6 comments:

coryshay said...

That was such a fun party! Thanks for sharing your winnings with us! Jojo had such a good time, as we all did!

Tyson and Chelsea said...

It was such a fun weekend! I'm so glad we got to come!

Murlene Brown Watkins said...

Was the little curly-haired boy Alice's friend? I saw him on Annette's blog but couldn't figure out who he was. Looks like a blast of a party!! Rachel was SO sad they couldn't be there. She and Gabe are coming for most of the month of August.

annette said...

My blog was first and fast but yours was better and more informative. Mine was just fast. Thanks again for the party, I think the kids will remember that one as "the best". I was showing Anders all of my pictures and he got so excited!

Elaine Brown Billings said...

Murlene - yes the little blond curly hair boy is Alice's friend' little boy named Owen Giles. Alice is his second mom.

Amanda Miller said...

Blanket was a huge hit! We can't sleep without it around here!